Fortress of Solitude
And so it begins. Starting today, I will be pretty much locked in my room for the Christmas holidays, having no where else to go. Companies started shutting down today, and so many of my friends will be leaving for various destinations, and will be gone at least until next week. My parents are spending the holidays in Taiwan, my sister with her in-laws in Georgia, and Esther is spending time with her family in LA. Fortunately, I am an introvert, and so spending time alone doesn't fill me with dread as it does some people.
However, it will feel more lonely only because I've been spending so much time with people the past few days.
Fri- My last night with Esther before she left to visit her parents in LA for Christmas. She'll be gone for 2 whole weeks ::cry::
Sat- JT's surprise birthday party, with some (surprisingly) good food at Chevy's. Afterwards, a few of us went to Joy's and watched The Polar Express, which really wasn't that good. Karen fell asleep for half the movie.


Sun- After church, about 6 of us got together in the sanctuary for an impromptu jam session. We played for 2 1/2 hours, and I had a lot of fun, especially with the bass. But after just a couple of songs, I had to stop because my right index and middle fingers were beginning to hurt already. Later that night, I met up with Mike and Joy at her place. Since we didn't know what to do for dinner, I brought over a bag of frozen dumplings, and Joy fried up some eggs. Kind of ghetto, I suppose, but the 3 of us still polished off the whole thing :D Yum! Afterwards, we actually had a surprisingly fun time playing Mario Party 7.
Before & After


Mon- I went out with the Fremont cell group to watch Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It's definitely more of a children's story than LOTR (Narnia resembles more a fable, than a richly detailed world like Middle Earth), and the Christian themes are much more heavy-handed (yet that's what gives this story its power). It's a good movie. But in spite of the great special effects and well-established story, this movie wouldn't be even half as good if it weren't for the performance of Georgie Henley, the 10-year old girl who plays Lucy Pevensie, as Andrew pointed out, and I agree. Her charm and her sense of wonder really work to draw you into the world of Narnia, more than the costumes and CG do.
Tue- Went to a Gingerbread House making party at the Sophia Way house. There were a lot of people there from both Canaan and GRX, and it was a good time over food, singing Christmas carols, and decorating a clever cardboard model of the Simpson's house, with lots and lots of graham crackers and other assorted sweets.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home